Saturday, August 11, 2007

Calgary Half Marathon

July 8, 2007

6 hours after Jasmine and Alan's wedding banquet, i was warming up for the Calgary Half Marathon, the longest race of my life thus far.
The hardest part of training was the dirt road at firebag. My knees were messed up for 2 weeks after working on sprints on the rocky road. What initially motivated me was free dinner from Ken and Chris (you guys still owe me. haha), but eventually my competitive nature took over.

My official time was 1:36:51 which is pretty good considering my intial goal was 1:50:00. The big question after the race was, "What now?". I went on a eating spree after the race because I had nothing to train for.
I might train with Dino's X-Country, or try to join a club to keep myself motivated. My goal for next summer is sub-1:32:00.

Health Kick 2007 is back in gear!









No comments: